Saturday, March 10, 2012

Incorporating Computer Security

Entrepreneurial Idea Overview: 
Basically creating a self-serve frozen yogurt shop on Marshall Street: 12 different flavors (flavors will change every week or so), 70 toppings to choose from, and all at a reasonable price at $0.44 per ounce. It will provide non-dairy flavors, holiday specialities, and a variety of different toppings. A great addition to Marshall Street :)


Lecture Post:
I plan on using the Mac OS X operating system, because there's seems to be a lesser risk of encountering malware. But hey, I don't know, maybe someone will come up with something in the future. It is true that when all computers in a network run the same operating system; upon exploiting one, one can exploit them all. Just for security reasons, I will take extra precaution in protecting my information from theft, hackers, malware, etc. 
One step I will take in securing my information is through mass USB storage and cloud computing, which allows centralized data storage to be accessed through a network. This can pose risks to those who can access my information through the network, but it's better than storing all the information on my computer into one small area for storage. 
It is important to take precaution on how you're protecting your computer from malware. Malware can come in different forms such as viruses, worms, trojan horses, and rootkits. Another protective step is to installing anti-virus software to detect potential threats. Securing your information in multiple storage capacities and installing malware protection software are wise steps into securing your computer.

4 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea!
    I personally love frozen yougurt, and the thought of having one available on campus sounds definitely cool.
    The idea of installing a Mac OS X operating system to avoid lesser risk of malfuntion is understandable. I wonder that if the yogurt shop becomes so popular and other people want to steal your idea, how can you protect yourself against it?
    What kind of "antivirus" if there's such thing can you use?
    In this yogurt shop, are you planning on having at least one person-like a manager- to supervise that everything works fine?
    What about checking out? Is it going to be only through credit cards or are cashiers going to be part of the plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing this idea progress throughout the semester has been great. I also see that you will have non-dairy yogurt, which is great for the lactose intolerant people. Great idea and it has great potential for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE frozen yogurt, so this idea seems amazing! I love trying new frozen yogurt flavors and being able to make it myself is a plus. The price is reasonable as well. It seems as though people will have no problem finding something they like, with the flavors changing weekly, the many varieties of toppings, and option of choosing non-dairy flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, back in my home town a frozen yogurt shop opened up not too long ago and surprisingly has been quite successful. It was a surprise to me because they had competition like Baskin-Robbins and Carvel minutes away. It would be great to add another shop to Marshall Street satisfy my sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete